March 22, 2009
November 2009
Friday, April 4, 2008
On The Light Side
Porter is your typical 3 year old (at least that is what I keep telling myself). You say "Come here"- he immediately turns tail and chugs as fast as his little legs will carry him in the other direction. You ask him to not touch something- and as if compelled by some unseen force- he has to touch whatever the forbidden object may be. You see he is about to spill his bowl of Cheerios and quickly ask him to....not spill his Cheerios all over the floor- as they go rolling in every direction. The other night, he was having a not-so-untypical problem with staying in bed. Once, twice, three times- whatever- on the fourth time, I was ticked. I stalked up the stairs and into my bedroom to retrieve him ONCE again. I told him in no uncertain terms that if I saw his cute butt out of bed ONE more time I was going to spank it. Being contrary as always, he had to argue about it with me, "Noooo!" he said," DADDY do it!"... clearly, he wasn't thinking straight- right? "Oh yeah" I said, "You want Daddy to do it???!- okay then." "We-ellll" he said, clearly rethinking this idea as I was escorting him back to his bed, " How about Seth? Seth can do it." Not too tired to think clearly after all...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I just couldn't resist making the first comment on your blog. Maybe Porter is onto something, Seth might be a good disciplinarian.
way to join the club! Porter is hillarious. He is NORMAL (at least if mine are considered normal too:) Ah, boys are special...
Belated Happy Birthday, I've been meaning to call you!!! My neighbor has the same birthday and I thought of you many many times!! How does it feel to be 30? You certainly don't look it:)
wow- you know how to become the favorite sister- don't you? I am soooo depressed that I am no longer in my 'youth'- there's nothing like crossing the line into 30 to make you want to jump off a cliff..
Post a Comment