OUTSIDE!! Seth thinks he should be outside all day, everyday, in any kind of weather- California gave him a taste for the outdoors that he can't get over...despite the fact that snowed for us everyday for a week after we got back. Depressing? You have NO idea. Here's the thing- we live in a snowy climate- we understand and actually APPRECIATE that, it's just that the first snow came somewhere around the end of November and it didn't let up until this week. The temperature (other than the occasional week long dip into the negatives) which usually fluctuates somewhere between 20-40 degrees, NEVER (and I actually mean NEVER) even made it to 20 degrees for several months. Never. It was too cold to even take our kids sledding- sledding (or skiing) in 7 degree weather just didn't sound like much fun. Our Christmas lights were actually frozen to our house until about 3 weeks ago at which point we finally took them down. The beginning of March brought us 45 degree weather and we were in our short-sleeves playing outside like it was going out of style- along with about everyone in the state.
So it is easy to understand why Seth and Porter think outside is soooo great! But to prepare throughout the winter- and up until last weekend, it was shoes, socks, jacket and hat... Well, Seth is sure that as long as he has at least ONE of these bases covered- he's good to go. He came to me the other morning in his pajamas, with Porters hat pulled on his head ski-wompas saying "ow-shide.. ow-shide". I HAD to take a picture...




6 comments:
He gets cuter and cuter every time I see him.
Ali
That is the cutest picture in the world. He is growing up soo fast. I couldn't believe how many teeth he has now. You have such cute kids
So, so cute! I'm sorry to admit that I was so thankful when the weather cooled down about 10 degrees from yesterday which was like 90. Do you think we could find a happy medium somewhere?
Wow, it's a good thing you guys escaped for a week to California. I hope it's warming up for you soon, so you (and your kids) don't go crazy.
Oh...p.s. I want to go Ow-shide TOO! A boy after my own heart!
Me too...
Post a Comment