We're racking up a great list of firsts in our family this last month or so. We held our first official Family Home Evening- or Family Game Night, as Porter prefers to call it- earlier this month. We decided to keep it pretty simple- 1. Start with a primary song- which was surprisingly enjoyable since everyone actually knew some of the words, then 2. a prayer- the boys always end up praying together since Seth is such a great parrot, 3. we then read a story out of the kid-friendly scriptures (pretty much just adds pictures)- then it's game time! We broke out the colored dominos that conveniently have 4 colored little trains and we each built train tracks. It was fun and Porter now looks forward to Family Night every week. It was fun to sit around and all play together with no distractions- I find Monday night is becoming my favorite night of the week as well!
March 22, 2009
November 2009
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Our latest favorite is Candyland! Ashlyn searches out for the pink candy cards even if she has to move back and JJ gladly wishes he could hand them to her when they send him back on the board! Chutes and Ladders is another fun one for counting and climbing and sliding... :)Oh and Hi Ho Cherry Oh's...Love it. :) Happy November! Did you get sick too?
Yes, it was horrible. It's the second time I've had the flu in 2 months- luckily this one consisted mostly of me just feeling totally awful- no trips to the hospital because I can't stop puking. Anyway- thanks for the game suggestions- I think we are going to get some new games for Christmas so those suggestions will come in really handy!! Happy November. Could you believe how nice Halloween night was??? We were in heaven.
How fun. Kurt and I started doing family night each week a couple months ago, I can't wait for Kru to get older though are games get kinda boring with 2 people!!! Maybe we will come join you guys!!!
Post a Comment