As many children before him have- and many more to come will- Porter went through your average addiction to the Disney movie Toy Story. You know, Buzz, Woody and Andy... Well, for those of you who are unaware- Porter also has an incredible knack for remembering EVERYTHING he ever hears: good, bad and ugly. It's all recorded up in his little brain in a seemingly bottomless pit of knowledge. He also possesses an uncanny ability to reuse his vast supply of tidbits at horrifically appropriate times in ways that have astounded me time after time- you'd think I'd be used to it, but he still catches me off-guard.
We actually get a LOT of quotes from Toy Story due to the fact that they loved using the words: shut-up, idiot, stupid and any number of other words that for whatever reason NO ONE wants to hear coming out of their children's mouths. He even uses the knowledge that those words are undesirable as an excuse to tell me all about how many of the characters use them and how naughty it is. Several times a day I will hear "Mom, Woody told Buzz to shut-up and that's not nice" "That girl (Sids sister) says Stupid dog to her dog- she needs to bite soap" "they just said Idiot- the police are going to get them"- and on and on and on. Just the other day I heard a new one though. We were heading down to Orem to go to the pool with Emily, Beth, my Mom and all the children that that entails. As we approached the highway there was a long line of cars stopped- all waiting to be let through some of the never-ending road construction that they love to do in our glorious state. At the sight of the road congestion Porter said "Oh, no Mom- look at all this traffic!" and I murmured something in return. Right on cue- without hestitation came the next line- straight out of Buzz's mouth "This is no time to panic!!"
I almost died...
March 22, 2009
November 2009
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I love that movie...but Ashlyn hasn't seen it yet. Maybe I'll hold off until she learns not to say some of those things...she is really encouragable these days!!!! I'm working on "NO" being a naughty thing to say...(big sigh)...I hope she won't be saying that by the time I go to Scotland in a little bit. Somehow, somewhere...she picked up: "No, I don't like it." "No, I don't", "No." :) I reply "YES, Yes, YEs!" and "No, THANKYOU." If she would just add Thank you...I'd be in business! I love hearing about Porter and the funny things he says...
Ali
hhhhhheeeeeeellllllloooooo....are you still there?
I keep waiting for a new post...I KNOW you have been having some good times...How are your boys? It has been awhile. I just got your message...my phone has been having issues for awhile now...It's 5 yrs old now....I need to just go get a new one...but I'm attached to it! The battery is always dead...When it's dead, messages just go to voicemail...but then there's the problem that there's never any indication that anyone even called. :( I'll get it fixed. I was bummed to miss your call. I'm going today to get a new one. :) YAY....talk to you really soon, I hope! Update your blog Baby-cakes! Luv ya! (I have been needing to get a new phone this whole last year and JJ keeps telling me that the next model Iphone is coming out and he wants to get them...He was hoping they would be cheaper...YA RIGHT! He wants to develop software for them. So he says...I think he just wants to play games at church on it. lol.ttfn)
Post a Comment